Friday, November 23, 2012


Ephesians 4:2-3 “with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, making every effort to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

When my family gathers for celebrations it is always quite a sight.  Normally there are about fifteen of us all together.  The kids run around playing, the men sit in the family room talking and watching sports and my sisters and I, along with our grown girls are usually in the kitchen talking and preparing the food.  I love these times and I love the conversations we share during clean up as well.  I know we all come from different places in our lives and we do not agree about everything but I appreciate that we can come together, share our thoughts and feelings and walk away still feeling the love and peace of the Spirit between us.  We have learned to be humble and gentle, patient and loving.  It wasn’t always that way to be sure.  I love my family with all my heart and even though we do not all share the same thoughts and beliefs; the love is deep and true.  I know this is unity, and it can only come from the Spirit He gave us.

Lord,
Thank you for the deep love and peace that runs through the hearts of my family, I am so very blessed.  Help each of us reach out as you call us to, in humility, gentleness, patience and love.  Guide us in your Spirit of unity so that we may spread your peace and love to everyone.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment