Wednesday, November 28, 2012


1 Thessalonians 5:16 “Rejoice always”

I think little kids have rejoicing down pat.  I can easily picture my kids dancing and singing songs, making music and laughter because they do it a lot.  My six year old likes to sing her reading lessons to me and is planning to have a dance for her birthday.  She would have a party every day if she could.  Part of it is just her personality and her desire to be with people but I know there is a rejoicing in her heart as well.  It is not always easy for us to find rejoicing in our hearts.  Sometimes we carry a very heavy load that weighs us down and that makes it so hard to rejoice.  I was thinking back to the time when my Mom was still alive and battling her cancer so hard.  How can I rejoice in that?  Now that the deep sorrow is less, I can rejoice that I was able to spend precious time with her.  We were not caught up in the daily tasks but we were able to just spend time together for the simply joy of it.  I rejoice that I helped care for her as she used to care for me.  I rejoice that the relationship with my Dad is so much deeper; we treasure him even more with my Mom being gone.  If we search deep and long, we can rejoice always amidst whatever our life is handing us right now.  Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice!

Lord,
Thank you for opening my eyes to see the possibilities.  Place a song in my heart and a dance in my step so that regardless of what I am doing, I am also rejoicing.  I lift my voice, my life to you in hopes that I will be glad and rejoice always.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment