Saturday, November 10, 2012


Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God – not the result of works, so that no one may boast.”

Bragging is something people are really good at.  If they don’t like to brag about themselves then they surely will brag about someone they know and love; a child, a spouse or some other family member.  We like to feel good about ourselves and maybe that is where this comes from.  We like to feel privileged and special.  As I revisit these verses I have known since childhood, they take on new meaning.  I am only now coming into any true knowledge of grace and acceptance that I cannot ever be good enough on my own doing.  Still with these things gained I know I must work for the Lord.  Each day of mine should be fully dedicated to serving the King of my heart.  As I work for Him this verse needs to resonate in my soul.  I work for Him in gratitude only.  The work I give to the Lord does not get graded in heaven or set aside in a pile to be counted at the end of my life to see how much I did.  God’s grace and redemption is a gift to us and we can freely accept it but we cannot earn it.  Just as our love is given to one another freely so it is with God.  His love and grace are waiting for the taking, have you accepted it?

Lord,
Thank you for your love and thank you for your grace.  We can dance and sing because of these gifts!  We have been saved, Hallelujah!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment