Monday, November 26, 2012


Psalm 27:14 “Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!”

I am a bit concerned about my day already.  It started out with a song in my heart and has already gone awry since then.  I did not sit and listen.  I could not seem to gather myself into quietness and wait.  I already have an energy of impatience surrounding me and it is Monday, a school day.  As I write this I know I need to find a quiet place within me and wait for the Lord.  I cannot allow this chaos and frazzled beginning to take over my day.  This is where the discipline kicks in.  It is not always easy to follow a discipline and prayer and quiet time is no different than other disciplines.  There are so many things that can get in the way, they seem more important or we just want to get those things done first to get them out of the way.  The problem is we get so busy with other things that we push prayer and quiet time right out of the daily routine.  Before we know it, those moments of waiting for the Lord have disappeared and we have lost touch.  I know I need this quiet prayer time and I need it every day.  It teaches me patience and discipline; it blesses and strengthens me.  It keeps my priorities straight.  I go back now, encouraged to wait... wait for the Lord.

Lord,
Gather me close so I cannot run on without you.  Quiet my heart and mind so I can just be in your presence.  Remind me to breathe and relax, enjoy and take in this day with you right here with me.  Help me wait for you Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment