Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ruth 1:1 “In the days when the judges ruled, there was a famine in the land, and a certain man of Bethlehem in Judah went to live in the country of Moab, he and his wife and two sons.”

Thus a new journey begins... I am certain Naomi and Elimelech never saw what was going to unfold when they started this leg of their journey.  They were simply trying to find a place where they could survive the famine.  Who knew that things would get worse before they got better?  As I review the story of Ruth in my head I remember the struggles that Naomi experienced in the land of Moab but even in her struggles and terrible times she was never alone.  She had Ruth who became her companion through thick and through thin.  When I step back and think about the journeys I have been on both physical and spiritual I can see many blessings I received through them.  Even when I think I took a wrong turn or must have heard wrong because things couldn't possibly go this badly, God has redeemed the road and blessings have been poured out.  I do not know where my road leads but I take courage in the story of Ruth.  I continue on knowing that the Lord guides my steps and He will lead me home.

Lord,
As we embark on our journeys for today, I lift our steps into your hands.  Guide us, lead us and open our eyes to see you in every moment.  Just as you cared for Naomi and Ruth I know you care for us.  Thank you, Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment