Sunday, November 24, 2013

Hosea 10:12 “Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.”

I know it is not time for New Year resolutions yet but it is always a good time to reflect on what we would change about ourselves if we could.  Is there some habit or characteristic you have that you wish you didn't?  Is there a characteristic you wish you had?  I use to wish I was thin, lean and perfectly in shape.  I have come to realize until I am willing to put some hard work in, this will not come to pass. I have also come to realize my spiritual health is more important than the measurement of my hips.  This verse clearly spells out that we must be willing to do some hard work to receive the blessings of righteousness.  Just as the toning of our bodies doesn't happen while sitting on the couch, neither does spiritual growth happen while our souls sleep.  Wake up soul, seek the Lord!  Sow, reap and break up ground, prepare yourself to receive a rain of righteousness from the one true God!

Lord,
Forgive our idleness.  As we pray, open us to see your vision and how to achieve it.  Guide our prayers and our actions to bring your righteousness to us and to the world round us.  Through your steadfast love I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment