Thursday, November 14, 2013

Psalm 133:1 “How very good and pleasant it is when kindred live together in unity!”

Last Sunday I was driving home from a potluck lunch at a friend’s house.  My kids were with me and we had to come home so they could get ready to go to their Christian kids club.  I was thinking about the day.  We started it out by going to Sunday school and then church.  Right after church we headed to our friend’s home for lunch and spent the afternoon eating and visiting with Christian friends.  After that, my kids were going to learn bible verses and play with more Christian friends.  The whole day was filled with kindred spirits enjoying each other’s company.  I never thought I’d be one of those people who is steeped so deeply in religion that it takes over everything.  I used to go to church on Sunday and then the rest of the week was mine.  As I grow older (and hopefully wiser) I see the days are blended together and nothing is separate.  Our hearts belong to the Lord every day and spending those days in unity with kindred is, indeed, a good and pleasant thing.  I encourage you to join in and be a part of it, you will be blessed by it!

Lord,
Thank you for friends and family who encourage, challenge and love us so deeply.  Sometimes they are a window to you and your love.  Help us not take these moments for granted but instead open our hearts to receive fully the blessings that come with living in unity and in love.  Guide us to find unity within ourselves and within our families through you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment