Monday, November 25, 2013

Hosea 11:4 “I led them with cords of human kindness, with bands of love.  I was to them like those who lift infants to their cheeks.  I bent down to them and fed them.”

What a beautiful picture of tender, sweet love.  We have all seen parents gently holding their babies up, snuggling and nuzzling them in precious love.  I still remember the soft feeling of my babies’ cheeks on mine and their sweet baby smell.  I remember the warmth and tenderness that flowed between us as they lay on me, resting in comfort.  These are treasured intimacies.  When they lay in my lap nursing or drinking from a bottle, the feeling of nurturing love was so powerful.  When they started eating from a spoon and opened their little mouths like baby birds to receive the next bite... these are treasures of parenthood with an infant.  God’s words in this verse show a side of him we do not think about often.  I encourage you to think about them today.  He loves each of us like this.  He loves us with tenderness and precious love.  He nurtures us and takes joy in our resting in His arms.  He rejoices when we seek more from him like hungry baby birds.  We are a treasure to Him!

Lord,
Thank you for these tender words of love that remind us you love us in all ways.  You are Lord of Lords and King of Kings; you are our tender loving Father and Mother.  Fill us with this love today so we are sure and true to you.  Let your treasured love for us guide us forth in love for each other.  I thank you and praise you for all you give us.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment