Monday, November 18, 2013

Hosea 1:9-10 “Then the Lord said, ‘Name him Lo-ammi, for you are not my people and I am not your God.’  Yet the number of the people of Israel shall be like the sand of the sea, which can be neither measured nor numbered; and in the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ it shall be said to them, ‘Children of the living God.’”

There are moments and days that I would shake my hands clean of my kids too.  They get wrapped up in their own games and it doesn't take long for things to get out of hand.  They can play well but it grows out of control quickly and then they stop listening and inevitably someone or both get hurt.  God is watching his children and trying to get their attention but they are too wrapped up in their own games and are not interested in His ways.  Are we still doing this today?  Do we truly follow Him as we are called to or are we distracted with our games and toys, our idols and gods; are we losing control?  Even as He tells Hosea He is turning his back on them he gives him hope that it is not forever.  Even as he tells Hosea “you are not my people” He also says they will be called “Children of the living God.”  I as start a new day with hugs and love for my kids I remember God’s grace to his children and pray to be filled with grace as well.

Lord,
Thank you for grace in the midst of correction.  Whatever we are doing, let your grace complete us so that we may do it for you.  Call us back away from our idols and into your loving arms so that we know again we are your children.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment