Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Psalm 34:8 “O taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in him.”

I give you fair warning: this devotion could make you hungry!  What is your favorite food?  My kids know my common answer is ice cream.  I love that smooth cold vanilla flavor melting in my mouth; sweet and summery, not too strong.  There are other things I love the taste of: Tiramisu – that dessert transports not only my taste buds but my whole being to another realm!  I love the taste of warm pumpkin bread on a crisp fall morning; deep and rich.  There is also the aroma and taste of a hearty tomato meat sauce simmering to make lasagna...  when you taste something so good it does not only tantalize the taste buds.  Good tastings soothe you, renew you, and refresh you.  This is a small glimpse of what it is like to taste the Lord.  Try a sampling, just a small bite and He will transport you to a place beyond your imagination!  The Lord is good and He brings us true happiness and joy. 

Lord,
As we partake in food today, let us pause to remember to taste your goodness as well.  You are ever present and in the midst of our meals, we can taste your blessings and goodness.  In the midst of chores, tasks, appointments; wherever we are we can taste you and your goodness.  Thank you Lord!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment