Friday, September 13, 2013

Colossians 1:13-14 “He has rescued us from the power of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”

How do you experience forgiveness?  What does it feel like to forgive someone else; what does it feel like to forgive your own self?  Do you accept the forgiveness offered through Jesus?  These are the questions rattling through me this morning.  As I prayed for light and love to surround my loved ones and all those I lifted in prayer I realized I had not sought forgiveness for my sins or the cleansing purification that comes through his forgiveness.  For me, forgiveness feels like coming from a mud pit into a warm soothing shower or coming from being weighed down by heavy magnets to floating and flying in joy and light.  It is like coming from shadows and darkness where I cannot see and having light and warmth fill me until I glow in the light and love of the Lord.  We all commit sin but we must not abide in sin.  When we sin, we have the hope to call on the Lord to cleanse us, purify us and make us like him.  On this rainy, rainy day in Colorado let the raindrops remind us of forgiveness.  Let the rain help us release our sins and be washed clean in the forgiveness of the Lord.

Lord,
The rain is relentless right now; keep us safe and protected from damage and harm.  Allow us to see beyond destruction of the water to newness and renewal it will bring.  I pray your forgiveness will wash away our sins like rain.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment