Monday, September 9, 2013

Job 19:25 “For I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth;”

I woke up late this morning... sigh.  I didn’t even hear the alarm much less cognitively turn it off before I rolled over back to sleep.  When I finally woke up I was sad to realize that I cannot get that time back so I must rush around a bit more this morning since we have more on our schedule today than past Mondays.  I couldn't really concentrate beyond my prayers for others and there was no quieting of my mind.  Despite all that, I feel the presence of God with me.  He has given me a song in my heart today to soothe the frayed edges of busy moments.  I write to share this song with you today; it comes from the book of Job.  Regardless of what our day holds and what we have on our schedule; regardless of what weighs on our minds and our hearts there is something we must remember and hold fast to in every moment:  our Redeemer lives!  As we work and play, pray and rest, eat and fellowship let us also rejoice that He will stand upon the earth and we will be welcomed home!

Lord,
Thank you so much for your unending mercy and the blessing of song in my heart.  Let my actions and words be a blessing to you and the song of my heart be an offering to you.  You are my blessed Redeemer, Hallelujah and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment