Thursday, September 26, 2013

Joshua 5: 14 “... And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and he said to him, ‘What do you command your servant, my lord?’”

I am not sure what my response would be under these same circumstances.  Joshua is in the presence of the commander of the army of the Lord.  He looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a sword.  If I saw someone standing in front of me with a deadly weapon I would tremble.  Maybe Joshua trembled but he confronted him to find out who he was.  When he was told, he fell to the ground in worship and asked what the commander wanted.  I cannot imagine another response.  When I read this passage I began to wonder if we miss these moments or if they just don’t happen.  Do we receive direction from the Lord through angels or other people and not even recognize that we have had an encounter with the Divine?  I know it has been a LONG time since I fell to the ground in front of the Lord and at that moment it was not for worship.  Do I stand on holy ground and ignore the presence and voice of the Lord?  In this world of technology and distraction, chaos and business I suspect we miss these moments more than we realize.

Lord,
Please forgive my callousness to your presence and guidance.  Remove the blinders and distractions I have in place so that I cannot miss your presence and guidance.  Thank you for your messages, your guidance and your mercy.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment