Sunday, September 22, 2013

Luke 6:37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.  Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”

Don't judge, don't condemn, forgive; easier said than done at times.  I was sitting in a park while the kids played.  I looked over to a nearby bench and saw a man lying down, asleep.  This sparked conversation with my mother in law about homelessness.  Several minutes later the pool building was ready to open and the man rose from the bench to go in.  He was clean cut, his clothes were clean and nice and the bag that was his pillow appeared to hold a laptop computer.  He was not homeless... did I judge?  How often do I condemn kids I see on the street or my own kids as guilty without hearing their story?  If I hear I do not truly listen because I have already made up my mind... condemned... then there is forgiveness.  That is a whole other level isn't it?  It only takes a few minutes of remembering the grace I have received before I know that I must pass that along to others.  I am not judged without grace; I can bypass judging others.  Grace overrides any condemnation I receive and so I am able to override condemnation I would pass on others.  By grace I am forgiven and by grace I am able to forgive.

Lord,
Thank you for grace.  You do not judge or condemn without grace and you teach us to do the same.  We receive your forgiveness through grace and ask us to do the same.  Help us grow stronger in your grace each day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment