Saturday, September 14, 2013

Genesis 3:8 “They heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden at the time of the evening breeze, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.”

My four year old son and his friend were playing yesterday.  When I came down stairs they both had innocent looks and said “nothing, nothing!”  What they don’t realize is that when they try to act innocent or run and hide from me it tells me right away I need to find out what they are up to.  When I come into a room where they are playing and I hear them say “hurry, hide” I know they are likely up to no good.  This is how I see this part of the story of Adam and Eve.  They had disobeyed God and were trying to cover themselves from nakedness when they hear God coming.  I can almost hear their voices saying “hurry, hide!”  Just as I know I need to call my kids out, God calls them out as well.   We cannot deceive Him or hide from him.  Our sins are already known by him but He calls us out so we can come clean and start over.  Even in His disappointment, he does not cut off relationship with us; He cleanses and renews us, and starts again.  Our God is an Awesome God!

Lord,
Forgive us for trying to hide our failings from you.  Help us come out from hiding to confess our sins and renew our relationship with you.  Strengthen our trust in you for all things until we only rely on you, and live in truth always.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment