Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ephesians 5:15-16 “Be careful then how you live, not as unwise people but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil.”

I hope someday I am wise.  I remember years ago my oldest daughter telling me that gray hair was a sign of wisdom and in a strange way I think she may be right.  The experiences we live through and learn from in this life can bring us wisdom as we change and grow from what we have learned.  The task is learning from our experiences.  The nations are at each other’s throats again and I wonder if nations can ever be wise.  We live in a nation that does not stand by.  Since the inception of the United States, we have been a nation who has fought for what we believe in.  The struggle is I am not sure we know what we believe in anymore.  Is our nation living as a wise people making the most of our time?  I cannot answer this in truth, I do not know.  I must release the nations and their actions to God.  I pray that He will use the nations to serve His purpose regardless of their own agendas.  As I turn to look at my own heart, do I live as a wise person or unwise?  Am I careful how I live, making the most of my time?  As I prepare for another day I keep these questions tucked in my mind so that I can question and seek to live in wisdom.  As I pray for wisdom in the battle of nations I also pray for wisdom in the battle of souls.  I trust and know that evil will not prevail for the Lord is good.

Lord,
You know our hearts and you know the hearts of the leaders of nations.  I pray for all of these souls this day.  Guide each of us in wisdom and not in our own agendas.  Help us make the most of the time serving you and your kingdom with all we do so the days of evil can end forever.  All glory and honor to you, our true Ruler and King.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment