Sunday, September 8, 2013

John 14:15-16 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever.”

Since He created us He has sought our love.  Since He created us we have fallen short of the love He created us for.  When we live in love, we follow Jesus commandments.  He told us to love God and love each other.  Why is this so hard?  It is hard when we turn away from God and toward our selves.  I get wrapped up in my day, my agenda, my worries, my sufferings and before I know it I have forgotten anyone else around me.  Each time I stop loving it is like a shield of stone is put up.  If I am not careful I will be surrounded in stone shields and love will be blocked from coming in or going out.  Even then we are not alone.  In this passage Jesus promises to send another Advocate.  Even in the midst of our stone shields the Advocate, the Spirit, will break through and tear down those walls when we call out to the Lord.  If you are in a moment filled with Love, rejoice and give thanks.  If you are in a moment of stone shields and cold hearts, take courage in these verses and call on the Lord so you can be released and filled with His love again.  Rejoice, and go forth in love!

Lord,
Thank you for your love and your promise to be with us forever.  Give us courage through your Spirit to go out in love; loving God and loving others.  In this way we can be agents of your kingdom and beacons of Light.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment