Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lamentations 3:22-23 “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”

Lamentations 3:22-23 “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”


My family comes home today.  They have been on the western slope for a few days visiting my mother-in-law while I stayed here to prepare for the next trip.  It has been nice to have so much quiet in my house for this time but I know I would not like it forever.  As much as I have enjoyed this respite I am looking forward to holding my kids and hearing their stories.  I am looking forward to the warmth of my husband’s arms around me.  We have been apart but our love remains.  I get frustrated with my kids and husband but I never stop loving them.  I woke up this morning with a country song phrase running through my head.  Whenever I sing this song, it makes me think of God’s love more than human love.  I leave you with this phrase today – “You’re the million reasons why there’s love reflecting in my eyes.  Ooh I love the way you- Love the way you love me...”

Lord,
Thank you for your unending love and mercy.  I cannot fathom it but I open my hands and heart to receive it in gratitude this morning and each morning.  Help me learn from your example how to love others.  Help me let go of selfish desires and embrace with open arms of love the ones you would have me love.    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment