Thursday, July 18, 2013

Psalm 96:11-12 “Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it; let the field exult, and everything in it.  Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy.”

As I play back visions of my journey across the middle of the United States this passage fits right along with it.  I saw green fields of corn growing tall, herds of cattle with little ones running around the fields.  In the forest of Tennessee I was dwarfed by the tall trees reaching to the blue sky.  While Colorado is working with the water we have, there is land east of us that is lush and green.  While we were gone, I hear we got some rain at home and my garden looks no worse for the wear.  As I saw different parts of this country than I have ever seen before I see with new eyes how the earth rejoices.  My heart sings at the thought of heaven and earth rejoicing in unison for the blessings of the one true God.  I hope I will always remember the beauty I saw on this trip.  There was beauty in nature and beauty in each of my traveling companions.  I lift a song of praise for safe travels and for new sights and experiences for me and my kids.  I lift songs of praise for all He has done; I lift songs of praise with the sea, the fields and the trees.

Lord,
Thank you for the beauty on earth and in each of us.  Thank you for bringing us safely back home and for the joy of having a wonderful home to come to.  Help us remember these blessings and remember to thank you for all things.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment