Monday, July 29, 2013

Ephesians 2:21 -22 “In him the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; in who you also are built together spiritually into a dwelling place for God.”

This morning I saw a block or brick in my mind and I asked the Lord what He was building.  This passage was his response.  I would include verses 19 and 20 and I would encourage you to look them up to add depth to this devotion for yourself.  God is building his holy temple.  Jesus is the cornerstone, the apostles and prophets laid the foundation and we are all a part of the temple building.  We are brick or mortar; we are clay to be molded into brick or whatever piece of His holy temple he designs us to be. The Lord joins us together building us into a holy structure with all other believers and he is building us individually to becoming a place where He can live.  I am humbled by His word this morning.  I read his word every day and I try to listen to his Spirit and like a simple minded soul I asked a simple minded question.  God in his infinite grace simply answered.  Let him tear down the rickety walls we have built up in our souls so that he can come in and build beautiful and sturdy walls.  We need to allow him to mold us into his holy dwelling place.

Lord,
Thank you for being with us wherever we are.  I offer myself to you knowing change and growth are on the way.  I want to be your dwelling place, help me grow and change as you mold me into the building you create.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment