Monday, July 1, 2013

Psalm 147:7-8 “Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; make melody to our God on the lyre.  He covers the heavens with clouds, prepares rain for the earth, makes grass grow on the hills.”

Summertime is fire season in Colorado.  Last year we had a bad season of wildfires and this year has started off similarly.  A few weeks ago the smoke from one fire was thick where I live; we had to close the windows so we could breathe easier.  The blackened earth and loss of home is devastating to see but even as I lift those families who have lost so much I know there is restoration coming.  The burned areas from last year begin new growth.  Rain comes and helps the firefighters make advances on stopping the new fires.  Wherever destruction has occurred, healing and restoration follow.  People come to minister to those in need, His Spirit comes to heal and bring comfort to those who suffered loss.  He is faithful to them and He is faithful to us.  I sing praises to him today for the clouds, the rain and the new growth on earth and in our souls.

Lord,
I praise you today and every day for all your blessings.  You are great and gracious to all your people.  Guide new growth in us to bring us ever closer to you and your truth.  I ask this through Jesus, my Lord and Savior.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment