Sunday, July 21, 2013

Jeremiah 29:11 “For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.”

I am frequently awake in the middle of the night and last night was no different.  When I am awake I usually try to use that time to listen for the Lord.  I remember asking the Lord to speak to me as he would and then I had a very unsettling dream.  My mom was in my dream (I love seeing her whenever I can) and she was there because I had just given birth to a new baby (what?!?).   I couldn't imagine how that would work with car seats in my car and the bedrooms in my house but then the nurse came and told me I was pregnant again!  There is no easy way to have four small kids in my present situation.  I was astounded in my dream; beyond words.  How could this happen and how in the world would I tell my husband?  When I woke up I was immediately aware that the babies represent something else but I am also very aware of the distinct feeling that God is about to rock my world in a way I cannot imagine.  As I read this passage in Jeremiah I put my trust in God and fasten my seatbelt.  I grab hold of his dream for me and hold on to his promise tight.  Here we go!

Lord,

I don't know your plans for me but I know you love me and bring blessings beyond my imagination.  Help me trust in you fully and step forward in faith to whatever you are calling me to do and be this day and every day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment