Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Matthew 24:42 “Keep awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.”

Matthew 24:42 “Keep awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.”

I was standing in a checkout line yesterday and overheard a portion of conversation behind me.  There were two ladies talking to each other about their faith and proclaiming to each other that they were Christian and they knew where they were going when they died.  One said she would be ready tomorrow if God came for her.    I thought to myself “I am ready if he calls me right now!”  Tomorrow never comes and he calls us to be ready whenever he comes.  This passage in Matthew is echoed in other books of the bible as well.  They say He will come like a thief in the night.  No one knows when a thief will come to their home to break in, if they did, they would prepare for that moment and be ready.  We are to prepare for the moment when he comes for us.  Each day, each hour and every moment could be the time.  I believe as we wait, part of our preparation is sharing his message of love with others so they may join us in the vigil.  When we get tired there are others to live us up and keep us awake.  Join me in the vigil and in sharing His love while we wait!

Lord,
There is much to be done.  Thank you for the reminder to drop everything when you come.  Help me be ready and use me to help others be ready too.  Through Jesus holy name I ask these things.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment