Saturday, July 27, 2013

Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters, for a slave will either hate the one and love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other.  You cannot serve God and wealth.”

Sometimes I remember my dreams so vividly they seem real.  Last night I dreamt I was getting married.  Instead of preparing for the wedding, I was sitting with a friend watching a TV show.  Then at the last minute I was rushing around worrying about getting to the ceremony on time.  Even in my dream I knew it was more like a renewing of vows but still, apparently it didn’t hold the weight it needed to.  Where were my priorities?  There is a family I love dearly that has pulled away from the church.  They used to come when their kids were little but things changed and they left.  Since then they have stopped coming all together and now their kids are so involved in sports it is near impossible to come to a church service.  What is important to us?  Church is not the real issue here.  Service and dedication is the question.  Who do we serve or dedicate our time to?  As I look back at my days, do I see clear devotion or a mixed up version of sorts?  According to Jesus, I must choose.  I choose to serve the Lord.

Lord,
Forgive my inconsistency.  I lie to myself thinking I serve only you but you have shown me where I fall short.  Help me keep my focus and despite all the other “masters” calling me open my ears only to you.  I ask this in Jesus name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment