Thursday, December 26, 2013

Revelation 21:3 “And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying ‘See, the home of God is among mortals.  He will dwell with them; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them’”

As I read this passage these words were so beautiful to me.  God will make his home with us.  In the new Heaven and the new Earth God will live among us.  Yesterday was a day of celebration and love, family and friends gathered together in feast and fellowship.  Doorbells rang and happiness greeted those who came.  This is bliss, a joy filled time of love.  As I drove to see my family I passed a terrible accident on the road and I couldn't help praying for that family.  Someone was waiting for them and they never came.  They never answered their cell phone to say why they weren't there yet.  Many families grieve lost ones on this special holiday and mourning creeps in on joy.  In this time, while we wait for the fulfillment of the vision in Revelation we can take comfort in knowing God is already with us.  Through the birth of Jesus, God has come to dwell with us.  He gives us whatever we need in each moment and so I continue to pray, rejoice, cry, mourn, curse and wonder in His presence, for He is Emmanuel – God with us.

Lord,
Your presence brings us comfort, peace and love.  We have joy, love and grace because you are here.  I pray for those struggling to feel these things today.  Help us all see you among us whatever we are doing, wherever we are because we know you are Emmanuel.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment