Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Jeremiah 29:11-12 "'For surely I know the plans I have for you', says the Lord, 'plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.  Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you.'"

It is easy for me to look at my children and know that God has great plans for them.  They are precious, intelligent people placed on this earth to make a difference in whatever way God has planned.  I can see it easily.  When I look in the mirror, knowing the good and the bad, the beauty and the ugliness in me, it is much harder for me to see that God would have a plan for me.  Yet, I know God guides me.  When I close off the noise in my mind and in my world, when I focus on His voice, when I ask for His help, I hear His voice and I see his help.  All of the ugliness I see, God has already made beautiful; all of the wounds and hurts have been healed.  When I look through the eyes of God, the scars from my wounds only give me experience, compassion and mercy to share with others who struggle.  God has not harmed us, but He uses us in all of our weakness, for with Him, we can serve Him.  What a blessing to know He waits to hear us call upon him and pray!  He will pour hope into our future.

Lord,
Let us feel your presence without doubt today when we are in prayer to you.  Your presence brings peace beyond all understanding and in the present darkness, we need your peace.  Speak to us, give us hope, and help us to trust in your divine plan.  I ask all this in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment