Saturday, December 7, 2013

Luke 1:30-31 “The angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.  And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus.’”

Have you ever had a dream that seemed so far-fetched and out of the realms of reality that you wondered what instigated it?  I wonder about my dreams when I remember them but sometimes I can’t make any sense out of them.  I set them aside and move on.  Mary didn't dream this visitation from an angel but I wonder if she wished she had.  I wonder if she thought she imagined this crazy scene.  Did she ponder it and then set it aside until she could no longer deny the truth of it?  The bible doesn't tell us that Mary had any doubts but as a young teenage betrothed to a kind Jewish man I cannot imagine she didn't have her doubts.  It would be hard to forget an angel visitation based on what I read about them.  Angels are a force beyond our understanding and yet they come to us on occasion to assist us in some way.  God used them in the bible to help his people and I believe He still uses them for his people.  This story of the angel and Mary is so tender to me.  What a loving message from God “you have found favor with God.”  Through His gift of Jesus we can all claim that message today.  Hallelujah!

Lord,
Thank you for sending your son and thank for the lowly servants you chose to use.  Help us see how you can use us and open our hearts to serve you as you call us to.  Let the Love of Christmas fill our souls so we may go out into the world singing with joy for the Lord has come!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment