Monday, December 30, 2013

Ephesians 3:14 “For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,”

Paul’s prayer in this passage is beautiful and powerful.  He prays for the readers of the letter to be strengthened in Spirit and faith, rooted in love...I encourage you to read through verse 21 to get the fullness of this scripture.  Why do I bow my knees before the Father?  This is the question I asked myself when I read this verse.  I have mentioned in the past that I have a prayer journal and I am the prayer coordinator for my home schooling group.  You know I get up each morning and spend time in devotion and prayer but why?  I get asked that question when people find out what I do.  They look at me like I am strange and a little crazy to give up my sleep regularly and there are days I have that argument with myself.  I do it because I need it.  I get up early so I have uninterrupted time with the Father.  I pray for the needs and blessings of other people, I pray for the needs and blessings of myself.  I pray for the earth and I pray for His kingdom.  I pray because I have seen the power of prayer work in myself and in others.  My prayers may not be as eloquent as Paul’s prayer is in this letter but that is not important to me.  I pray to talk with God, my Father, Creator and Savior, this is the reason I bow my knees.

Lord,
Thank you for the blessing of prayer.  Thank you for the trust and knowledge that we can come on bended knee or standing tall, we can come crawling in brokenness or dancing for joy.  Thank you for wanting us to come to you, our Father. Help us feel your Spirit moving us to talk with you more often until we pray in all we do.  All glory and honor to you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment