Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Habakkuk 1:5 "Look at the nations and watch - and be utterly amazed.  For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."
 
Habakkuk the prophet was frustrated with all the injustice, violence, and evil in his world.  He wondered why God didn't step in and so he went to the Lord to voice his questions.  There are only 3 chapters in this little book but so much to contemplate.  As my children dance and leap around the Christmas tree, they show such excitement for this season of joy.  I want to reach deep into my soul and find that same joy, joy that makes me leap and dance for Jesus. I need to look beyond the injustice, violence and evil in this world. All those years ago, God had not forgotten his people and today He is still amazing us.  There are stories, every day, of unbelievable mercy, love, care ... God is with us.  Emmanuel.
 
Lord,
As I move my home into the season of Christmas, move my heart to be there too.  It is such a busy time of year that I tend to forget the reason I am busy.  My music, church, baking, teaching my kids, all I do is in honor of you, in celebration of your love and your unbelievable gift.  Thank you for Christmas God.  Thank you that I can celebrate the birth of Jesus freely and openly, shouting and singing at the top of my lungs.  Fill the hearts of those who cannot so they can exude your love and joy in actions.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment