Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Romans 8:18-19 “I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory about to be revealed to us.  For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God.”

We haven’t seen anything yet.
As I look around my world, both near and far, the sufferings of this present time are great.  I do not know them all and if I tried I would get so bogged down in the suffering I am afraid I might not climb back up from them.  We could easily make a very long list of the sufferings we know.  Can we make a list of the glory we see as well?
If we are watching, we catch glimpses of the glory about to be revealed.  There is love and compassion in the midst of hate and hardheartedness.  There is mercy and forgiveness in the midst of judgment and denial.  These are glimpses of the glory that is coming.
I hold these words to the Romans close to my heart today; “the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory about to be revealed” – I join all of creation in eager longing.

Lord God,
We wait.  Our hearts long for the day when there are no more tears, no more sorrow and no more suffering.  Help us see beyond these worldly, temporary things to the glory that is here and now.  Guide us to manifest your glory by sharing your light and love, healing and mercy to those in this world who need it.  We do this as we wait, until you come in all your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment