Friday, May 9, 2014


We all have five senses that we use, more or less, to determine the world around us.  We touch, taste, smell, hear and see; these senses are vital to us.
We cannot see the wind but we can feel it and we can see the effects of it.  We cannot see galaxies and planets beyond our line of vision but we trust that the telescopes sending pictures are reporting truth.
As I get older and my eyes do not see as well I am required to lean on other senses more.  As my ears struggle to hear as well as they used to I am even more hindered in my five senses.  What am I to do?  What about those who are missing sight or hearing; how do they know and learn?
The good news is this: the Spirit guides our hearts.  We cannot see him but we feel him and see the effects of him.  We may not hear him but our souls speak with him when we seek him.
We rejoice in things we do not see because we see with our hearts.  We rejoice in our salvation!

Lord,
Thank you for our senses, help us rely not only on them.  Move us beyond tangible into deep spiritual sense so we continue to grow in you.  All praise to you, my Savior and Redeemer.  Amen.

* All scripture references are verified through www.biblegateway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment