Thursday, May 8, 2014


I have friends and family that fall into this group.  It is heart-wrenching.
Paul has written in other letters to turn these types of people over to Satan and it seems he has washed his hands of them completely.  When I read this passage it is clear that his heart still aches for all people to come to the cross as believers.
My daughter, 8 years old, point-blank asks people if they are Christian.  It has been interesting to observe these interactions on occasion and touching that she comes to me to report their spiritual status.  I am amazed at her ability to put them on the spot; most people respond to her question openly.  I remind her that the best thing we can do for those who are not Christians is pray for them.  We can live and show the love of God to them and maybe they will come to see the blessing of Christ; maybe they will leave their earthly ways and step into a journey of faith.
My tears fall while there is still hope.  I cry to the Lord for those who do not hear and do not see.

Lord,
Let me continue to be a beacon of your light and love for all those around me so none will be lost in the end.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment