Monday, April 15, 2013


Psalm 68:4 “Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to him who rides upon the clouds – his name is the Lord – be exultant before him.”

Yesterday afternoon was a time filled with music for me.  One of the groups I ring handbells with participated in a fund raiser and we, along with several other musical groups, provided a concert of vocal and instrumental music for a grateful audience of donors.  There is nothing that lifts me closer to the Divine than music.  My soul cannot keep still and I find myself transported to a different place of beauty.  The feeling is hard to describe but what I can say is that when I sing or ring to the Lord, I feel Him lifting me up.  All peoples of all nations have music and through music there is understanding beyond words.  How does music move you?  What kind of music do you prefer and what message does it have for you?  Whether you have a voice of gold or a voice of tin does not matter to the Lord.  Whether you shake a tambourine or bag a pot with a wooden spoon, it can still be a joyful noise.  Listen to the sounds of the world around you today and allow the music that flows among those sounds fill your heart with joy.  Lift your heart and your voice in song to the Lord, the creator of music, the creator of all.

Lord,
Thank you for the music you place in our souls.  Open our ears so that we can hear it clearly and open our hearts to sing songs of praise back to you in every moment of this day.  You have blessed us, let us be a blessing to you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment