Thursday, April 18, 2013


Ephesians 3:5-6 “In former generations this mystery was not made known to humankind, as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit: that is, the Gentiles have become fellow heirs, members of the same body, and sharers in the promise of Christ Jesus through the gospel.”

I love a good mystery.  I have been known to sit up into the wee hours of the night reading to get to the end and find the solution to whatever that mystery holds.  When I am up late, burning the midnight oil, I tell myself only one more page or just to the end of this chapter... then then next thing I know I have past that stopping point without realizing it.  I get so involved in the story it is nearly impossible to put it down.  What would it be like if we read the mystery of the gospel with such voracious appetites?  Why is it so easy to set this story aside and move on with our day?  Is it because the mystery is so big it is beyond our full grasp?  Is it because it is so familiar that we do not see the mystery that still exists?  God is a God of mystery to me.  He reveals what He will and in His time.   God is also a God of faith.  I cannot prove to others what I believe but I know He has revealed and so I go into the day of mystery.

Lord,
Help my sense of adventure guide this day.  There is no mystery in the fact that your love is steadfast and true.  You leave no question of your Almighty power and presence among your creation.  Help me find you today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment