Friday, January 24, 2014

2 Corinthians 3:4-5 “Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God.  Not that we are competent of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our competence is from God”

We have a joke in my small circle of friends.  We tease each other regularly that whatever it is “it is all about me.” 
When my kids get a little too wrapped up in their desires and wants I remind them that it is not all about them all of the time.
It is easy for us to get a little puffed up about ourselves at times.  Things go along well, we are feeling successful and good about ourselves and we are easily led into taking credit for all that has happened and that is happening in our lives.
I know when I get into this pattern I am about ready to receive some humble pie from my Lord and my God.  He is faithful and gracious to remind me that I can do nothing without him but all things are possible through Christ who strengthens me.
My strength and achievements are not my own.  I work for the Lord and He works through me.  All that I do, I do for him and to his glory.  How easily I forget; how easily my focus turns back to me and it seems once again to be all about me.
I turn to the Lord and acknowledge him in me today.

Lord,
You search my heart and know me inside and out.  Search out my selfish claims and pride and cleanse me from these sins.  Help me see the truth that it is all about you and to live my days accordingly.  My life is yours; I pray I serve you well.  I can only do what I do because of you.  Thank you God for all you give me.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment