Thursday, February 12, 2015


I had a picture in my mind as I meditated on this verse.  I was a record, an LP.
If you don’t remember those, ask someone a generation older than you to explain them.  The needle started playing and as it moved in, there was a scratch on the vinyl.  The needle would jump back and start again only to find the scratch again and again.  The needle was not able to go past the scratch until it was manually picked up and guided to a new spot on the record.  When I was young, we had a record player and records.  If there was a scratch too deep, we simply had to throw out the record.
When I look at me as a record, I am filled with scratches.  If I were left to my own resources I know I would be no good and would need to be thrown away.
This verse gives me hope.  Humans cannot repair a scratch too deep on the vinyl but with God, all things are possible.  He can pick up the needle and move it but he can also repair and mend the scratches on the vinyl until they are made new.
Let our days be filled with music and trust in the Lord that if there is a skip, he will be faithful to us in repairing it so the
music goes on uninterrupted.

Lord,

You know our hearts beyond what we know of our hearts.  Thank you for stepping in and not leaving us to our own devices.  Give us the courage to call on you for help and to trust in you to keep the music going as you designed.  Amen.

** This is an older writing of mine but it really spoke to me again today as I pray for hardened hearts and the condition of our world as we know it so I wanted to share again - Blessings! Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment