Saturday, October 19, 2013

Psalm 131:3 “O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time on and forevermore.”

I dare say worry is almost a national pastime.  I have had the opportunity to speak with several people over the last few days and listened to the prayers on their hearts.  Knowing those and the prayers on my own heart makes me see how we worry.  I used to be a worrier by nature, I didn't know how to exist without it but the Lord has worked with me a lot in this and I am beyond worry for the most part; or am I?    You have seen the concerns in my posts recently; I see my prayer journal every day.  Do I worry over these things or simply hold concern for them?  This little song tucked in the book of Psalms is a beautiful short song that leads us into a place of prayer and quietness.  It begins with guiding the listener or reader into a place of humility in the presence of the Lord and a quietness in their soul.  When we come to that place we are able to hear the verse of hope.  Join me today in releasing worries and concerns to the Lord.  Let us release our sense of control or lack of control to Him.  Then in humility and peace let us hope in Him from this time on and forevermore.

Lord,
Thank you for this song and prayer.  Help us lock this scripture in our hearts so we may have it at the ready every moment we start to lose hope or begin to worry over things again.  Help us hope in you always and all ways.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment