Saturday, October 12, 2013

1 Timothy 2:1-2 “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone, for kings and all who are in high positions, so that we many lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and dignity.”

I confess I have stopped watching the news and my internet being down for several days was a mixed blessing.  I could skip all the drama in our nation’s capital for a few days.  I have lost faith in our political leaders and I would not blame God if He has turned his back on us in frustration and disgust.  Then I am brought to a passage like this one in Timothy that charges us to pray for everyone.  We are called to pray for our leaders and everyone in high places.  I know these leaders hold power in their hands but I also know that God is all powerful.  I may not hold faith in our nation’s leaders or the leaders of the world’s nations but I hold a steadfast faith in the Lord my God.  Regardless of what agendas the people have, His purpose will be served in the end.  I am reminded it would have been hard to see God’s plan in the throes of the arrest and trial of Jesus before his death but we know He was victorious, and He will continue to be...

Lord,
You are my all in all.  Forgive my lack of trust and my tired heart.  Thank you for renewing my strength in you through these words.  I lift up the nation’s leaders and the world leaders that they may be used to serve your purpose and draw your kingdom closer to us.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment