Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mark 12:30-31 “you shall love the Lord your God will all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.  The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’  There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Halloween is my least favorite holiday.  I don’t really remember when my heart changed from enjoying the candy and dressing up to wishing it would simply go away.  Yesterday my seven year old asked me what my favorite part of Halloween was.  I finally came up with candy corn.  I know several people that love this day.  They look forward to it with relish and glee.  I cannot understand it; believe me I have tried.  As I prepare my kids in their costumes and pass candy out to the neighbor kids I will keep this passage in Mark in my heart.  This is the only evening of the year I will see many of my neighbors and their children.  This is a night where kids are filled with happiness and maybe the only night they receive something for nothing.  Maybe I can find a way to make this night a manifestation of love.  I am sure going to try.

Lord,
Let your love fill my heart today so that I am able to love you and love others as you teach us to.  Protect the children and people out and about tonight and keep all of us safe in your arms.  I pray the love of Jesus would permeate this evening for your glory and your kingdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment