Thursday, March 14, 2013


Psalm 139:1-2 “O Lord, you have searched me and known me.  You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from far away.”

I picture a master woodworker or stone carver when I read these verses.  They know before they even begin with their tools what their creation will be.  They pick a seemingly random piece of wood or rock and see beyond what it is to us; they see what it is on the inside.  They carefully and lovingly hew it and chisel it into shape and then softly sand it to a smooth polished thing of beauty.  The difference is this; they may be working and see a mar or blemish and they work around it if possible.  They may have to complete abandon that piece and start again.  God knows us beyond anything we can even imagine.  He created us exactly how He needed us to be so of course, he has searched and known us.  He placed his breathe and spirit within us so of course he knows when we sit and rise, because He is with us always.  He is omnipotent and ever present and as our thoughts drift toward fruition He has already seen them and is aware of them.  There is nothing He does not know or see and yet, He loves us.  He loves me and He loves you.

Lord,
I come to you in humble praise this morning.  I find comfort in these verses and I hope others do too.  I know there are times we wish we could hide but those are the times we need you most.  Help us realize this truth of your presence and knowledge and open our hearts to embrace your presence and knowledge.  You abide with us, help us abide with you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment