Sunday, December 23, 2012


Matthew 6:10 “Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”

Do you ever get all tingly when you read a scripture passage or verse?  It doesn't always happen to me but this morning when I read this verse, I could feel it.  I woke up yesterday and today asking the Lord why my dreams were what they were.  What was I putting in front of Him?  As I began my quiet time it became clear that selfishness and pride had crept in like a virus.  Even when I am doing good deeds and serving to the betterment of His kingdom, there is a part of me that seeks reward or a pat on the back.  This verse brings me back to my knees and to the foot of the throne of God.  I come in humility seeking forgiveness and a new start again today.  As we celebrate Christmas this week, I remember that Jesus came to this earth so that I could come to the throne of God asking forgiveness.  Jesus came to teach us about His will and His kingdom so that we could reach toward the goal of heaven while here on this broken earth.  I am reminded once more that it all comes down to Love.  God loves us.  Love God and love our neighbors.  Love our enemies, love our brothers and sisters.  When we live in Love, we are living in His kingdom; His will is being done here on earth just as it is in heaven.

Lord,
Forgive my focus on me and pull that pride out of me.  Refocus my eyes and my heart on you.  Guide me every step of the way so that I stay true to you in everything I do and say.  Let me be a servant of Your kingdom, not mine.  Help me see glimpses of heaven that are here on earth for I know they are right before my eyes.  Draw me in to worship the newborn King.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment