Thursday, September 11, 2014


Do I have what it takes to be a true follower, a true disciple of Jesus?
The twelve apostles dropped everything and followed him.  Whatever their livelihood was, whatever their lives held, they stopped it; they dropped it and followed Jesus.  I am willing to do the same?
I am receiving messages like this one form numerous sources.  It seems like everywhere I turn, everything I hear when I am listening says “Come and follow me.”  “Take up your cross and follow me.”
I am reading an old story about living like Jesus.  The characters in the story have agreed to live as Jesus would for one year regardless of cost.  They ask themselves “what would Jesus do?”
As I take this all in, I let it ruminate in my soul.  I know God is working and I know this is a time for me to wait in the Lord, so I wait, rest, and prepare.  Until then, I ask you to consider in your own life: “What would Jesus do?”

Lord,

I do not know the plans you have for me but I know you will reveal them to me when the time is right.  Help me be ready; help me let go of my worldly desires and hold more tightly to your Spirit.  Help me grow into your true disciple.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment