Monday, December 2, 2013

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 “Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.  It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful”

I confess that my patience has run thin the last week or two with almost everything.  I have things to do, places to go and people to see and when those are not happening in what I think is a timely manner, I grow impatient.  I see how my kids are with each other and when my eyes are really opened I know they learn some of those behaviors from me.  When I step back in the moments of impatience and frustration and breathe in a breath prayer to the Lord, I am instantly calmer; more peaceful.  If I breathe a few more times, I feel His Love filling me up and I am able to come back to the world in Love.  When I am walking in love, I am patient and kind, I am understanding and humble.  I listen to the voice of others and take their ideas and wishes into my heart.  I release frustration and anger and embrace light and love.  During this Christmas season, keep the hustle and bustle to a minimum and take moments to breathe in Love.  This is the season of Love and when we walk with Him fully, we are love.

Lord,
Please quiet our hearts in your presence this morning.  Let the stillness calm our souls and bring us to a place of deep love.  When we step into the daily routines, help us live in love so we are patient, kind, humble and understanding of all.  Help us spread love and joy in a world of darkness and hopelessness.  I ask all this to your glory Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment