Thursday, July 25, 2013

Proverbs 23:15-16 “My child, if your heart is wise, my heart too will be glad.  My soul will rejoice when your lips speak what is right.”

I had a nightmare.  My daughter was snatched from me in a parking garage and I didn’t even know where to begin looking for her.  The man seemed harmless...  After I shook the vision from my head I was able to look deeper for the meaning of such a horrible dream.  There are many things in this world that seem harmless and yet they easily draw us and our children away from the safety and love of the Lord.  If I am not diligent in my learning I may be dragged away from truth and if I do not teach my children in the way of the Lord, they may easily be pulled away from His love as well.  My children are my world and yet, they are not truly my children.  I have been given charge of these precious children but they belong to the Lord and it is my task to teach them about Him as much as I can.  As I prepare to begin school again I have renewed urgency to study with my daughter so we can both go forward trusting the Lord and growing in wisdom through his guidance.  My soul does rejoice when I hear her lips singing and speaking what is right.  God also rejoices when our lips speak what is right.

Lord,
Thank you for dispelling the fear that gripped me this morning.  Spirit, guide me as I strive to teach these precious children your wisdom.  Protect us all from evil; help us live in you and for you always.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment