Thursday, May 9, 2013


Psalm 24:1 “The earth is the Lord’s and all that is in it, the world, and those who live in it.”

Spring rains are falling in Colorado.  The ground is soaking it in, the grass is drinking deep and the earth around me breathes a deep sigh of thanksgiving and satisfaction.  As I sat at my kitchen table this morning I could not block out the overwhelming songs coming from the birds outside.  I cracked the back door for a moment just to sit and listen to the soft drum of rain falling and the birds singing their songs of praise and jubilation.  In my mind I could almost see them dancing and playing in the rain like children they sounded so happy!  Yesterday my kids were out playing in the rain with the neighbors.  What some don’t realize is that rain in Colorado is cold!  After they were thoroughly soaked I brought them in for a bath to warm them up and a nice cozy supper for their tummies.  Even the kids are celebrating this moisture for the Lord’s earth.  Step away from the news of the day with me and soak in the rain just as the earth is doing.  Let the moisture refresh our souls and lift our spirits until we cannot help but sing like the birds and dance like children.  The earth is the Lord’s and all who live in it!

Lord,
Thank you for the blessed moisture on this thirsty earth.  Thank you for the song of birds to draw me into the beauty of the morning.  Help me see the beauty of your earth and to be a part of caring for it rather than a part of destroying it.  I rejoice in you and your world today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment