Sunday, February 24, 2013


Isaiah 30:21 “And when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘this is the way walk in it.’”

Have you ever been going somewhere, had a map and yet you got completely lost?  I really like to use maps and directions when I am going somewhere new but as good as the internet map sites are they are not perfect and not always up to date.  There have been a couple of times when I followed the map and eventually realized I could not find the place I was looking for so I called them.  They graciously “walked” me the rest of the way to my destination.  Step by step they told me what to look for and which way to go.  As I think about how the Spirit works it is much like this.  There are times I think I have a good map and good directions in life and all of a sudden I am lost.  God is gracious.  When we call out to Him for guidance, He is faithful.  If we quietly listen, staying focused on his guidance, he will not let us down.  He will guide us step by step, until we reach our destination.  We don’t need a cell phone or Wi-Fi for His guidance, prayer works just great!

Lord,
Words escape me when I come to you this morning but you know my heart and your Spirit intercedes for me.  Open our ears and close our mouths so that we may hear the guidance you so lovingly give to us.  Thank you gentle Shepherd.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment