Thursday, January 31, 2013


Psalm 107:20-21 “He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from destruction.  Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wonderful works to humankind.”

When I was a kid, I used to say that sticks and stones could break our bones but words would never hurt me.  People’s words are powerful.  They can build you up or tear you down.  They can bring forth feelings of love or feelings of hatred.  Our words are something to be used with care but they are nothing compared to the word of God.  We can speak of our hopes and desires, our plans and thoughts but when God speaks it is so.  From the beginning of time, when God spoke it happened.  He created everything from the stars in the sky and all the planets to the smallest flower petal with his words.  Since the time I began studying his word, I have seen transformation in my life beyond explanation.  He has guided, corrected, comforted and blessed me with his word.  He has brought healing and kept me from destruction.  I have seen this in so many lives and so today, I give thanks to the Lord for his steadfast love and his wonderful works to humankind.

Lord,
There is much sickness and destruction in this world.  When we suffer, often times we forget or do not realize we should call out to you.  Lift the voices of our souls to cry out to you for healing and restoration.  Thank you for the healing you bring through your steadfast love and grace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment