Monday, September 2, 2013

Habakkuk 2:3 “For there is still a vision for the appointed time; it speaks of the end, and does not lie.  If it seems to tarry, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay.”

There is much unrest in the world today.  I hesitate to watch or read the news because it causes distress in my soul.  The Middle East has been a tumultuous place for eons and will be until the end that Habakkuk writes about and I watch our nation with trepidation.  People have been looking for the end almost since the beginning.  I confess I am no different.  I do not look forward to the unrest and trials of the end times, I do not look forward to the dark days before end times but I am not convinced that we are not in the dark days now.  The hope I hold in my heart is this:  There is still a vision for the appointed time.  With all that is happening in the world there is still a plan.  With the darkness that seems to reign in power, there is still a Higher Power that rules above all.  I put my hope and trust in the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings.  No matter what the nations and leaders in this world decide to do, I know who the Master Orchestrator is and I trust that His vision will surely come.

Lord,

Let us not lose hope in our hearts.  Thank you for this passage in Habakkuk to remind us that you are the true God and your vision will come in the appointed time, we simply need to wait.  Strengthen our faith where it is weak so that we may stand in your glory in your appointed time, and guide to do your work in the world while we wait.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment