Wednesday, August 22, 2012


James 1:5 “If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given to you.”

As we begin the new school year, this verse brings me such peace of mind.  There are days that I question whether I should be homeschooling.  I question my ability and my motives.  Last night I went to a homeschooling Mom’s night out.  Once a month this group meets to support each other and fellowship with each other.  I came out of that meeting with much encouragement.  There are women in that group that have grown home schooled children.  One just took the bar exam to become a lawyer, another is studying at the School of Mines.  In my second year of homeschooling I am still unsure of a lot of things.  These women and this group I belong to will be such a strength and resource to me.  Teaching my children is something I am called to do.  Regardless of what your calling is, we can all benefit from wisdom.  I will seek wisdom from God as I go into this year of teaching and learning, knowing he has already given me much and will continue to bless me with more.  Take heart and encouragement from this verse as I did.  Seek wisdom from the Lord and he will pour it out to you generously.  I know I will benefit from His wisdom and I pray you will too.

Lord,
Your word promises so much and brings us comfort and guidance to encourage us.  Let these words seep into our souls so that we are blessed by them.  Share your gift of wisdom with us today so as we go forward, we do so guided by you.  Thank you for your love and your guidance always.  Help us use these blessings to bless others.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment