Monday, February 1, 2016


I sit, this morning, in darkness. I am waiting for the light to come.

When I read this passage I cannot seem to get beyond the words about light. In verse 105 of this same chapter it says, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” There are verses about light throughout scripture and we need light.
Very soon, Christians will begin the season of Lent. This is a time of reflection and humility before the Lord. I have been in a season of reflection for a few weeks now. Not only do I wait for the sun to rise outside my front window, I wait for the Light to come fill my heart to overflowing once more.
I go through times of revisiting my past and, unfortunately for me, this seems to dredge up old wounds, deep hurts, and left over anger that has never really gone away. Is this why I am sitting in darkness? Perhaps. I have been here many times in the past and I suspect this will not be the last time in my life on earth that I will be here. I know the Light will come. The Light has come and will come again.
Whatever your battles, whatever your struggles, seek the light. Wait for the Light. Search the words of the Lord, you will find light; you will find understanding.
I wait for the light and I know, I have seen it before; the light is glorious and breathtaking when it breaks through the darkness.
Keep watch and enjoy the sunrise and the Sonrise!

Hallelujah and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment